How to Choose the Best Ceiling Fan for a Room: Part I, Style
So many decisions about a new or replacement ceiling fan! What is the right fan size, color, style, number of blades, should the fan have a light or no light – how do you make the best choices? Should you get the same fan in different rooms or use the same fan model throughout your home? Wall switch, remote, or both?
(Thanks to Lauren Brandwein Design for this image of the Artemis ceiling fan in maple finish, F803-MP)
We would like to offer our guidelines and advice to you to help you to choose the best ceiling fan (or fans) for you that is going to provide you with great service and be a pleasure to look at and use for years to come.
The style of the fan is going to have the most impact on your choice.
- Do you want the fan to stand out as one of the main design points in the room or do you want it to blend in with the walls and ceiling? Perhaps something between those extremes?
- Is your design scheme contemporary, traditional, transitional, eclectic, or another theme? You always have the choice of trying to match your scheme or getting something that will blend in with it.
- Remember that you will be looking at this fan for a while so it would be best to get one that you really like rather than settling on one that isn’t quite the one you want.
- Even if you don’t have any intention now of selling your home, better ceiling fans are one of those little touches that can really enhance the value of your home when it comes time to show and sell it
(Thanks to Ryan Group Architects for this image of the Flyte ceiling fan in brushed nickel with birdseye maple blades, F531-BN)
Several of our most popular designs have been awarded the Good Design Award from the Chicago Athenaeum. These include:
In a series of separate blog entries, we will help you to choose your ceiling fan taking into account:
- Number of blades
- Light or no light
- Placement of fan in room – sloped ceiling, hanging height, etc.
- Same or different fans in different rooms
- Control system
- Fans in a business setting – retail, restaurant, etc.
If you have other questions about buying and/or using a ceiling fan that you would like us to answer, we’ll be happy to reply to you personally – please contact us by email or phone from our contact page.